Wood Farm at Everdon is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information of both our clients and any suppliers we work with.
The Company is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
Wood Farm at Everdon may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
How we collect contact details
We may collect your details in the following ways:
• When you use our website to download a brochure or arrange a viewing
• When you enquire directly with Wood Farm at Everdon via email, social media, telephone or in person
• When you enquire through a third party website and your contact details are passed onto us
• When a client sends us your details in relation to your wedding or event
• When you contact us directly in relation to a wedding or event
Wood Farm at Everdon is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What details we may collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address and telephone number
• demographic information such as postcode
• marital status, religious beliefs and sexual orientation
Security of your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We may share your data with third parties. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with third parties where we feel it will provide you with a better overall experience with Wood Farm at Everdon. We will only share your information with recommended suppliers who we think will provide you with a service you are looking for.
In the case of suppliers we may share your personal information in the following ways:
• On our website in which you have consented for us to share with users
• Sent to couples in cases where we recommend your services
• On social media to promote our working relationship
• In direct marketing emails when we invite clients to open evenings
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
“Third parties” include our recommended suppliers, any other suppliers you may book to provide a service to your wedding day or event or third party websites in which we advertise with.
How secure is my information with third-party service providers and other entities in our group?
All third-party providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow third-party suppliers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
What about other third parties?
We may share your personal information with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal information with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• We may periodically send promotional emails about open evenings which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
• We may send your contact details onto our recommended suppliers, only if you have booked a wedding or event with us and if we feel it is in your interest
How we expect you third parties to keep personal information
Using Wood Farm at Everdon’s personal information
We are happy for you to share our personal information in the following ways:
In the case of clients:
• With third parties who are relevant to your wedding or event
• With third parties who may have interest in our business
In the case of suppliers:
• With clients who you feel could benefit from our services
• On social media or your website to promote our working relationship together
Retaining your personal information
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
• If you would like us to delete any personal information we may be retaining, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will securely and permanently delete the data